This is me: Natasha Richards
Manager, Partnerships & Association Relations at
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
My favourite thing in the world was my BMX bike. I was quite a tomboy, so I have very happy memories riding my BMX bike around and racing the other boys in the neighborhood.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
Being flexible and enjoying interacting with people.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
At one point in my life, I had the opportunity to go into the diplomatic service. It was something I was really interested in but I didn’t get my act together. Perhaps things could have been quite different had I pursued that.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
My family comes from the Caribbean. So, if I could go anywhere, I would go to my happy place: Tobago. I have a beach house there and I would go there in a shot.
- Who’s your idol?
You know I don’t have one particular idol. There are people that I admire and respect like Nelson Mandela, but people like that come along once in a millennium.
- What was your first job ever in the event industry?
My first job in the events industry is with IMEX. I’ve been with IMEX for 5 years.
- What’s the best piece of event technology you have recently used?
I think event apps are really moving on and I have been really impressed, and this isn’t a sales pitch, with our own app.
- Who, or what company, you would like to collaborate/partner with?
My role with IMEX is to manage our partnerships in the industry and outside it. I always keep an eye out and that’s why those conversations with new people and new companies are so crucial.
- What is 1 question you get asked all the times by your clients/new clients?
‘How can we work together?’
- Describe the event industry in 1 word
“When we meet, we really change the world”. The event industry is so vast. It is such an important sector and not only for the economic benefit but for knowledge sharing, collaboration and the fact that so many of us are friends.