Marsha Sharpe –SongDivision
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
My favourite childhood memory is every Christmas I had with all of my family. My grandmother had thirteen brothers and sisters so we all got together: nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles and hired a big hall and every child got a big bag of presents and got to meet the whole family.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
I really care about people, so I go out of my way to make people feel loved and cared for. I’m often called ‘mama’.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
I would have been a better teenager. I was pretty rebellious as a teenager and I put my parents through a bit of hell. So, I would definitely take that back.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I get to travel everywhere for my job so it’s hard to say…I would like to go to Bhutan. It would be beautiful to go to the Himalayan Mountains and meditate.
- Who’s your idol?
- What was your first job ever in the event industry?
It’s this one at Song Division. My husband started the business and he asked me to join him. I’ve been here 10 years and I love it.
- What’s the best piece of event technology you have recently used?
- Who, or what company, you would like to collaborate/partner with?
Elon Musk. I would love to partner with Tesla/Space X to do some stuff and work with Elon as I think he is amazing.
- What is 1 question you get asked all the times by your clients/new clients?
‘My group won’t like this, how are you going to make them do this?’ And it always works out! Everyone loves music and our super talented team of musicians makes everyone feel comfortable.
- Describe the event industry in 1 word