This is great short interview with Michael Owen. I listened in on Micheal’s presentation at the Campfire as I wanted to learn more about music licensing at events. Did you know? If you are playing a CD, a digital download or streaming music, in you home you do not require a fee. However, bare in mind that if you do the same in a meeting or event set up, it does require a fee.


Michael Owen is the Managing Partner at EventGenuity. EventGenuity produces cool events, manages meeting logistics, delivers show-stopping entertainment and seamless transportation. A meetings Industry activist, Michael has served on MPI International Board of Directors, TNSAE Board, as Past President of the Tennessee Chapter of MPI, Chair of MPI’s Chapter Advisory Council, MPI Leadership Development Task Force, MPI Global Paragon Awards Committee, and MPI Award and Recognition Task Force & PCMA Global Advocacy Task Force. He currently serves as a member of Convention Industry Council APEX Standards Committee, Reed Exhibitions AIBTM Advisory Board and on the PCMA Independent Planners Task Force.   Michael has published articles in Convene, Plan‐It Tennessee, The Meeting Professional and Successful Meetings magazines and as a guest columnist for The Tennessean and The Nashville Business Journal. He is also a frequent presenter at industry meetings and learning institutions offering workshops, facilitations and panel presentations.

What did we talk about? What events experts need to know about music licensing, the 3 music licensing organisations, blanket licenses for music, the 3 types of licenses and much more.

To get in touch with Michael, go to

One Response to What do event experts need to know about music licensing? (IMEX Wave)
  1. What do event experts need to know about music licensing? (IMEX Wave) | Proving the Value of Meetings and Events November 23, at 8:31 am Reply

    […] Source: […]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *